The Biorefine Cluster Europe interconnects projects and people within the domain of biobased resource recovery, striving to contribute to a more sustainable resource management.
The competence focus lies within the biorefinery sector: the refinement of chemicals, materials, energy and products from biobased waste streams. It can be subdivided in four categories:
- Biobased (waste)streams as an input for the circular economy
- Sustainable bio-energy production in its various shapes and forms
- Resource Recovery: extracting minerals, chemicals, water and materials from biomass
Facing challenges together
The projects within the Cluster often face similar challenges:
- How to extend the life span of deliverables after a project ends?
- How to ensure relevant and substantial impact on stakeholders?
- How to go from technology development to business implementation?
- How to put renewable resources and resource recovery (including energy) from biobased sources on the agenda of both policy makers and industrial entrepreneurs?
The outputs and efforts of numerous consortia dealing with similar topics are often fragmented. By facing these challenges together, the results of participating projects can be significantly enhanced. When projects join forces they can boost their impact, create additional ‘convincing power' and accelerate market implementation.
Our objectives in a nutshell…
- Strengthen interaction between projects involved
- Foster dissemination and stakeholders outreach (triple helix approach)
- Enhance research, policy & business development
- Identifying gaps in knowledge and addressing them through new project development
The Biorefine Cluster covers different ambitions and activities to the benefit of all projects: the stimulation of inter-project exchange, outreach and dissemination efficiency and networkbuilding.
Over 26 countries, 600 people and 100 organizations are involved in the network of the Biorefine Cluster. Discover the extent of our network and how we are organized.
Joining is free, but commitment based. Being part of the Biorefine Cluster Europe means that your consortium agrees to actively contribute to our objectives and agrees to certain collaboration terms.