SCALIBUR – Scalable Technologies for Bio-urban Waste Recovery
SCALIBUR will identify and develop best practices for selective collection, transport, sorting and pre-treatment, and characterisation of food waste and urban sewage sludge.
Partners will engage stakeholders along the value chain – from waste generators to collectors and processors – to support the integration of innovative biowaste management practices in three pilot cities.
SCALIBUR will create new business opportunities by demonstrating innovative value chains to transform three urban biowaste streams into high-value industrial products.
The products include different kinds of bioplastics and biopesticides, as well as proteins, lipids and chitin for food and feed applications.
Instituto Tecnologico del Embalaje, Transporte y Logistica, Spain
- Aeris Tecnologias Ambientales SL, Spain
- Asa Spezialenzyme GMBH, Germany
- Fundacion Cener, Spain
- Cluster Viooikonomias Kai Perivallontos Dytikis Makedonias, Greece
- Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production GGMBH, Germany
- Exergy, United Kingdom
- Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SA, Spain
- Greenovate Europe!, Belgium
- Kour Energy SRL, Italy
- Associazione Regionale Comuni Italiani Lazio, Italy
- Lunds Kommun, Sweden
- Ayuntamiento de Madrid, Spain
- Novamont SPA, Italy
- Nutrition Sciences, Belgium
- FCC Aqualia SA, Spain
- Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
- IRIS Technology Solutions, Societad Limitada, Spain
- Stichting Wetsus, European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology, Netherlands
- Waterschap Brabantse Delta, Netherlands
- Zetadec BV, Netherlands