RECOVER scales up an innovative biotech solution for the non-recyclable plastic packaging and agricultural films waste streams, based on the combination of plastic-degrading microorganisms, novel enzymes, earthworms and insects resulting in new feedstocks, chitin and chitosan for plastics and coatings, new fertilizers for the primary sector and bio-based industries.
The process will be optimized for the ex-situ treatment of plastics waste in composting reactors and insects rearing chambers or in-situ for the bioremediation of soil pollution, contributing to the long-term removal of non-biodegradable polymer and micro plastic from the environment.
RECOVER can solve the microplastics pollution at the level of both industrial composting and soil.
- Universitad de Almeria, Spain
- Università di Pisa, Italy
- Asociación Agraria de Jóvenes Agricultores, Spain
- Brunel University London, UK
- Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Spain
- Fachhochschule Albstadtsigmaringen, Germany
- Naturplas Plasticos Agricolas SL, Spain
- ASA Spezialenzyme GmbH, Germany
- Nutrinsect Srl, Italy
- Iris Technology Solutions SL, Spain
- Organic Waste Systems NV, Belgium
- Idelux Environnement, Belgium
- Femto Engineering Srl, Italy
- Ingredient Odyssey LDA, Portugal
- Carton Bros, Ireland
- ENCO Srl, Italy
- Sociedad Anonima Agricultores de Lavega de Valencia SAV, Spain