The specific objectives of the Pro-Enrich project are to:
- Determine the components with the highest market potential from the four residue streams being investigated, as evaluated by the project industrial end user partners;
- Undertake a range of bio-refining processes that yield high quantities of high-purity functional proteins and bioactive components;
- Develop the biorefinery processes in pilot scale, advancing the best businesses cases to demonstration scale.
- Apply components isolated from the bio-refining into key market areas and demonstrate their fitness for purpose;
- Undertake a system analysis to make these processes technically and economically attractive;
- Undertake sustainability assessments of process alternatives to ensure that any new product ranges developed provide environmental benefits.
- Carry out a feasibility assessment of the Pro-Enrich business model.
- TEKNOLOGISK INSTITUT (Project Coordinator),
- Bangor University,
- Agro Business Park,
- Vertech Group,
- Marzi Franka,
- Olivar de Segura,
- Tate & Lyle