- Foster transregional knowledge sharing to exploit the biomass potential of both the rural and the industrialised North West European (NWE) regions through promotion of best practice examples.
- Reduce territorial disparities in regulations and policies to stimulate the development of an harmonised biomass based renewable energy policy.
- Reduce technological barriers to the development of an efficient value chain for the conversion and optimisation of biomass to energy and subsequent recovery of residues from biomass conversion processes.
- Evaluate the sustainability and economic aspects of various biomass conversion technologies.
- Boost local economies and contribute to the development of a green, low carbon economy in NWE.
- Inform local, regional and European stakeholders on the potential of biomass feedstock and biomass conversion technologies in achievement of the EU 2020 renewable energy targets.
- Raise public support through a range of communication tools and activities.
- CRP - Henri Tudor
- DLV - Plant
- Innova Energy
- POM West-Vlaanderen
- Provincie Utrecht
- Staffordshire University
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- University College Dublin
- Wageningen University